Chandra moola mantra with beeja syllables
OM SHRAAM SHRIIM SHRAUM CHANDRAAYA NAMAHA
Born while churning the milk ocean.
Chandra gayatri mantra
OMM KSHIIRA PUTRAAYA VIDMAHE
AMRITA TATTVAAJA DHIIMAHI
TANNO CHANDRAH PRACHODAYAAT
Kshiira – milk
Putra – son
Tattva – essence (one whose essence is amrita)
Translation: “Om. Let us meditate on the glorious son of milk, the glowing Moon. May that Chandra, the essence of nectar, inspire and illumine our mind and understanding.”
For Chandra or Moon related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Moon:
1. Worship the ruling deity Gauri.
2. Recite Annapuurna stotram.
3. Japa of Moon’s moola mantra: 10000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Chandra stotra:
Dadhi Shankha tushaarabham kshiiro darnava sambhavam
Namaami shashinam somam shambhor mukuta bhushanam
5. Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on Monday.
6. Fasting: On Mondays.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja on Monday.
8. Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
Propitiation of the Moon (Monday):
• CHARITY: Donate a pearl or moonstone, conch shell, silver, water, cow’s milk or white rice to a female leader on Monday evening.
• FASTING: On Mondays, especially during Moon transits and major or minor Moon periods.
• MANTRA: to be chanted on Monday evening, especially during major or minor Moon periods.
The planetary deity Chandra is pleased increasing mental health and peace of mind.